Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Foundation Review Day 3

Distractions

How many distractions are keeping you off track on a day to day basis. My head gets wrecked with email after email trying to sell me another WSO ( or BSO ) as I like to call them, or emails from friends and family trying to show you a cool video of a dog dancing. What about your favourite tv show being on just as you are about to make that first phone call, oh yeah, TIVO or Sky +, or you know what... skip it :)

Okay so there are these and many many more things that can distract you on a day to day basis and keeping on track through the foundation is the only way that we are going to get through it, or even if you are not in the foundation, this post will help you clear your life of clutter.

I am a victim of my own lack of focus. I leave my email open all day just so I can see what comes in or if there is going to be anything funny or interesting for me to do, to distract myself from doing the things I need to do.
Its frustrating for me right now to think about how much time I have wasted doing a repetitive exercise to STOP me from becoming successful and it is time to put a stop to it right now.


Here is what I have done

Okay, i wrote a list of distractions down on a notepad and came up with the following things:

1. Email clutter... I get too many emails from marketers, so I have unsubscribed from them all aside from Dan Kennedy. I keep those for a swipe file of sales letters.

2. My Phone... I get phone calls about silly stuff that keeps me from my goal, so I have now informed friends and family that for the next 6 months I am unavailable on the phone until after 5pm.

3. Skype... Turn off Skype, it is a distraction that you don't need. I have mine switched off until 6pm now and if people really need to contact me, they can do so then.

4. TV... I know this is not a huge issue for me as I don't watch too much of it, but it could be for you. Keep it off, do not be in the same room as somebody who has it turned on and learn to enjoy the peace of silence. It does wonders for me and will for you too.

5. Facebook/Twitter in fact any social media... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE facebook, but it is seriously addictive and seriously distracting. We all want to know about Dave's party last nite, or if Laura got that new job today, but again ask yourself this. Is this helping me to reach my goal of having a software business within 6 months? I think not, so, sorry Zuckerberg, you may have a few less users during the day.

I hate to say no to the people I love. Even if its about giving them some time during the day, but, saying no is something I have to become more comfortable with, and will continue to become better at. People don't always like that I cannot be there when they need to talk about the night out, during the day, but I have one goal and one goal only.

Please let me know below what distractions you may have and how you are going to overcome them below. I really look forward to hearing from you.

To your foundation success and to making a difference.

Look out for Day 4 when I am going to be talking about idea extraction and what I have done so far even before the foundation has begun.

YOU CAN DO THIS, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR WHERE YOU ARE FROM

Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment